Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A little closer

Yesterday was the first official winter day , even if we've had snow for the past few weeks and really cold weather. It is a period of the year that is very dark and depressive, lots of people don't have their spirits high the holidays. We all miss the sunlight and warm weather.

But it also was the shortest day of the year!!!
As of today the days will only get longer and bring us back a little closer to summer.
I know the worst of winter is still to come in the next few months, but hey it cant hurt to be positive a little :)

I got my bathing suit and my flip flops ready!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

That's what I've been saying! From this point it we will get more and more hours of daylight. Something I am very happy about!

Gracie said...

Definitely stay positive! At least you have your holiday to look forward too.

I can't wait until I get to hang out on the beach! x

Anonymous said...

best news i've heard all day.
i hate this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Haha. I always look forward to December 22, so I can tell myself the the number of daylight hours is getting longer.