Sunday, July 18, 2010

Back in time

Lately I have been doing lots of reading and I started to wonder if I had to pick a decade in the past, in which one I would like to live.

I think I would like to live around the end of the 40's beginning of the 50's.
War had just ended, most people still didn't have any car or TV's as they were big luxuries.
Kids still played outside and with toys instead of computers and video games. Women took time to cook their own meal, no ready to eat stuff, all from scratch. To eat fries one night with dinner was a treat.
People use to talk to people in person and took time to enjoy life.
If someone lived far away you had write to the letters. Whens the last time you got a letter in the mail?
The level of stress that we now have on ourselves in the year's 2010's is not comparable.

If you had to go back in time, in which decade would you like to live and why?
1900's? 1930's? 1950's? 1970's?

6 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I really like that era too. I definitely think a simpler time would be fun to go back to.

Bearette said...

Oddly enough, I think I would pick the 70s. I think I am nostalgic for it because I was born in 1975 :) Also, I like disco.

Ren said...

L'antiquité grecque. J'aimerais rencontrer Ulysse. Mais attend, tu as dis qu'il faille choisir une décennie du 20eme siècle... Oh, je suis content que tout aille bien au présent pour l'instant. Je n'ai aucune idée comment cela soit arrivé. Je ne sais pas si j'aurais eu plus de chance dans une autre décennie...

Melissa said...

I like your idea. I miss letters in the mail and to be honest, I get very excited when I get one because it's so rare.

Melissa said...

PS. Some of us bloggers should do a post card exchange sometime or something. We'd get a letter in the mail. :)

Annie said...

Maybe when there was no technology some things were better including letters.