Monday, July 12, 2010

Writing

Lately I have been thinking about starting to write.
I need something to clear my head and I am not the type of girl that can turn her mind off and take a break from thinking. If I think about a story, I will disconnect from my reality for a little while and it might just help me relax.

I have so many drafts in the back of my head, but it seems that none of them would turn out into a great story.
I'd like to write something new, fresh and positive.
I did think about writing a story about me, an auto-biography kinda, but yet I am not sure I want to expose myself to the world.

I did a few years ago write a short love story that could of turned out like one of those Harlequin books you buy at the grocery store, but I never put much effort into it.

What do you think I should write about? Me, horror, action, love, ect?

8 comments:

Kimmy said...

You could write your story, but use a character instead of you...add a bit of fiction so you're telling your story but not embarasing yourself!

Josie said...

Write everything you think about. Even if you never finish it. You will see what turns you on!

Don't let blog people tells what you should do.

Do what you want Caro!

Liz Mays said...

I think you should just start. It may not even end up in the genre you thought it would!

Ren said...

Tu écris déjà l'histoire de ta vie. Si tu veux une idée, si tu écrivais l'histoire d'une femme qui a par hasard rencontré le "hot guy" de vendredi, mais elle était... Comme ça, tu serais au milieu de ton imagination et les sujets proches de ton cœur. C'est juste une idée...

Melissa said...

I agree that you should just start writing and whatever flows out and how it goes, that's what it is. Like blueviolet said, it might even turn out a completely different genre than what you were intending.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I'm that way sometimes too. Then when I have other stuff to do I totally forget the story I had in mind. I think you should write about what you feel like writing about. Let your imagination draft your storyline. =)

Annie said...

Write your story and share with us.

Sam said...

I think you should write about all of those things :) Whenever an idea strikes you, jot it down. That way if you ever get sick of writing about one of those topics, you can push it aside for a while and write about something else.