Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Saint Patrick's Day

Hey Ladies & Gents (any Gents out there?) it's me Carrie from Just a Girl.
Ms. Caro, was so kind and asked if I would be a guest blogger while she is off getting her tan on in beautiful CUBA (ehh.. I am totally jealous!).

She let me choose from a few topics, and my pick was..........

SAINT PATRICKS DAY

St. Patty's Day is one of my top 3 favorite celebrations. (1st of course Halloween, 2nd is Christmas)

I am Irish, actually I am Irish and Indian with a little mixture of some other's. But those aren't important. Although I don't have the red hair, I had bleach blonde hair and was blessed with fair skin. My brothers and sisters on the other hand, had more or the Indian heritage in them... dark hair and dark complexion.

Anyhoo... enough about my mutt of a heritage and family life...

lets get into some St. Patty's Day facts shall we.....

~Saint Patrick was known as a Patron Saint in Ireland died on March 17th.

~ The first St. Patty's Day Parade was not held in Ireland, but in Boston in 1737.

~Did you know up until the 1970's Ireland had a law to where all Pubs were closed on March 17th? (say.. what!)

~Did you know people in Ireland consider the color green to be unlucky? Blue was actually the color of Vesiments.

~1,883,200,000 (that's 1.9 billion) pints of Guinness are consumed around the world every year.

~ An Irish toast: “May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.”

~ The number 3 is Irelands magic number

~ When over in Ireland... if you need to use the restroom Men look for *FIR* on the restroom door... Women should look for *MNA*


And after many hours (okay not many hours) of googling trying to find some fun facts of St. Patricks Day, I have come to the conclusion... there really aren't that many! BLARNEY!

So I leave you with well wishes on this 3rd favorite "Holiday" of mine...... get your blue food coloring out... drink TONS of green beer, and make sure you wear green! =)

Oh, and take TONS of pictures while you act a fool! =)


For each petal on the shamrock
This brings a wish your way -
Good health, good luck, and happiness
For today and every day.
~Author Unknown

~ciao bitches

3 comments:

Andhari said...

Happy St Patrick's Day!

I'm loving the facts :) Hope everyone has lots of drinks and fun today.

P said...

I have an Irish friend who doesn't like green much! So perhaps that's why.

I think the funniest thing about St Patrick's day is that St Patrick wasn't actually born in Ireland. But I'm sure the same is true of MY country's patron saint, St Andrew! So I ain't judging.

raveninthewolfden said...

Those are just great!.. thanks..