Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Prison hotels

Old prisons converted into 5 stars luxury hotels.
I heard about it a few times on TV but never looked online for them.
So tonight I started looking and found breath taking hotels.

First, here is the Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge located in South Africa.
A prison in the 19th century, transformed in to a hotel.

Main vue


Room


Second the Four Seasons in Istanbul.
Created from a century-old neoclassic Turkish prison.

View


Lobby


Room



Third, Malmaison in Oxford, UK
The castle-like walls, built for William the Conqueror in 1071, remain; as do the three-inch-thick steel doors in the cell blocks.

View


Inside


Room



Finally, the Liberty Hotel in Boston, United-States
Built in 1850 once the Charles Street Jail.

View


Restaurant


Room


There is so many mores out the in world, but I just wanted to share a few of them with you so you can see how gorgeous they are.

What do you think? Would you spend a night in prison?

5 comments:

Kim said...

WoW Stunning!! have you ever stayed at the old jail in Ottawa?? it's not a 5 star hotel like these...it's a hostel....but it's pretty cool :)

Chiquita Banana said...

Shiiiiiiiiiit! je suis en amour avec celui des UK!

Deux ans moins un jour dans cet hotel, jme plaindrais pas! :P

Aluzion said...

I wonder if these hotels have annual rates, and if the 'life' rate is all inclusive.

Andhari said...

Oh I would, the third and fourth hotel look so gorgeous with fancy interior too. I'm in!

Not alone of course, I need to have two people with me just in case it's haunted or something. I do believe in those prison ghost stories lol

Anonymous said...

very cool!